Friday, March 1, 2013

Because everybody needs another Bilbo minifigure

Totally off the radar here, but apparently the "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is rapidly approaching its retail release date. I must admit that I missed this one in the theaters, mainly because I just can't seem to sit in a movie theater for three hours anymore. I always feel like I'm wasting money when I have to get up and leave for even just a few minutes.*

Anywho, the Target version of the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack will come packaged with an exclusive Bilbo Baggins minifgure. Behold, bask in his tiny glory.

I could lie and say I'm not planning on picking this up, but that would be...a lie. It is interesting to note that the case is apparently going to be super huge on this because they are building the figure into the display packaging. It's similar to what they have done for the figures included in the encyclopedias/visual guides, which ends up accounting for about 2/3 the width of the packaging. My hope is that it's just a slip cover and there's a regular Blu-Ray case inside. Otherwise, this would like rival the shelf space the whole extended LotR trilogy currently occupies (my precioussss). That would be quite annoying for a single movie if you get stuck with this huge case just because of a minifigure.

So, is an exclusive Bilbo figure enough to get you to buy this movie? I have to admit, this makes at least three movies coming up in the next few months that will include an exclusive fig. Granted, two of those are LEGO movies, but it is getting a little crazy.

*For the young folks out there, that means I'm old and can't sit in one place for three hours without needing a bathroom break. Especially when I somehow end up with a bucket of soda before the movie even starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...