Thursday, October 18, 2012

Final 2013 Super Heroes LEGO sets revealed

Online retailer World of Games has posted images of the four new Super Heroes LEGO sets that are due out later in 2013. We got our first glimpse of the new Tumbler vs. The Bat and Daily Bugle sets over the weekend at NY Comic Con. Now, we get to see the Spider-Cycle and Batman vs. Mr. Freeze sets.

First up, let's take a look at the Spider-Cycle set. The piece count is not listed, but it looks pretty similar to about the size of the Wolverine Chopper Showdown set from the first wave. We get another Spider-man figure, but there's also the long awaited Venom and Nick Fury in here as well. I'm going to guess US retail on this well end up being in about the $20 range. Or at least, that's what I'm hoping for.


Next up, we have the Batman vs. Mr. Freeze set. This includes an awesome Batman in a white suit, the new version of Mr. Freeze, and Aquaman. All of these figures are new and look amazing. I really like the little ice boat and it looks like there are some tiles printed (I hoped) to look like mines. There's not a whole lot of pieces in this one either, so I would not be surprised to see this one at the $20 price point as well.
For all four sets, the site has the release date listed as April 2013. It's a non-US retailer though, so I'm hoping we don't have to wait that long for these to be out on store shelves. I'm fairly impressed with the four sets coming out in the second wave of Super Heroes. Between the new Akrham Asylum and these smaller sets, I'll have no problem picking these up for my collection.

I'm still holding out hope for some other sets to surprise us. I really would like to expand my line up of X-Men figures, as Wolverine and Magneto just are not enough for me.

UPDATE: These are now both available on Amazon for shipping on Dec. 31. You can check out the Batman set and the new Spidey set by clicking on the links.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...