Saturday, November 24, 2012

Restraining myself this season

The holiday shopping season is in full swing. Much like many other LEGO fans, I am on the hunt for deals and also trying to keep my spending under control. It was not as hard as I expected. There honestly have not been that many good sales out there the past couple of days and I managed to get out of the initial "Black Friday" period picking up only two sets.

Probably the best deal out of Friday was at Barnes and Noble. In-store they had a BOGO 50% deal going for "educational toys," which included LEGO. In addition, there was also a 30% off one item coupon that you could print out and stack with the in-store discount. I ended up picking up a copy of the City Garbage Truck and the Droid Escape for about $26. The store did not have much else that I have been looking for and I'm really trying to control myself this season.

That control has been painfully kept in check that last two days. Amazon marked down the Imperial Shuttle on Friday to $209.99. This is easily near the top of my sets I want to pick up right now and I know it has to be close to going away. An almost 20 percent discount is certainly not something I want to pass up, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger. I've shared the deal pretty widely so others might have a chance to get this impressive set. In my opinion, it's really the best of the UCS sets out there right now and it would make a great addition to any collection.

Also worth noting is that Amazon has the UCS R2-D2 set on sale right now for $139.97. Quite the bargain and also another great set. I picked up my copy earlier this year and you can read my review here.

So, how did everyone else do on their holiday deals? Pick up anything impressive for a good price? Or are you just going to hold out for the post-Christmas clearance and hope to pick up items on your want list then?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...