Friday, August 31, 2012

LEGO Super Heroes 2013 rumors

Rumor season for the winter and early 2013 sets is in full swing. Retailers have apparently received a sneak peak of the line up, but are sworn to secrecy. That has not stopped at least some info from coming out though. Of course, my biggest interest right now is what's in store for the next wave of Super Heroes sets. Especially after seeing pictures of the sweet upcoming minifigures from Comic Con earlier this summer.

Let's start with the DC rumors, since I've been far more excited about that line so far than the next wave of Marvel-based sets.

The first rumor I have seen reported in a few places is a boat based battle featuring the white suit Batman, Mr. Freeze, and Aquaman. No pictures have surfaced yet and this is only a rumor so far, but I'm very much looking forward to this being a reality. I imagine the setup will be something along the lines of Mr. Freeze has captured Aquaman and Batman zips in to the rescue where some high tech polar gear.

The next rumor has do with a set based off the latest Dark Knight film. Apparently here we can expect the movie version of Bane, a movie-costume based Batman, and Commissioner Gordon. The bricks are likely to be aimed towards a camo Tumbler and The Bat VTOL from the movie. I must say I'm pretty excited about what this set could have to offer, seeing as how I recently added a black Tumbler to my collection. If the camouflaged version is better, I might consider sourcing out the pieces in black to build a newer one.

While I have not see it printed anywhere yet, I still think  a new Arkhum Asylum will be coming out with this wave. Between the Scarecrow, Harley Quinn in nurses outfit, and the orange jumpsuit version of Joker, I think the smart money is on this one happening soon. The first version of this set is so expensive in the secondary market. I really would like to have a chance to pick up a modern variation of it and the figures it could include.

The Marvel information is a little dicey at this point. I can honestly say most of those sets have not impressed me yet from the descriptions I'm seeing. It looks like a couple more jets and helicopters are in the cards for the Marvel Universe. The J. Jameson figure is generating buzz of a Daily Bugle. I'm mainly interested in Nick Fury, Dr. Doom, and Venom from this next wave. The price point of the sets they are in will probably be a deciding factor on if I pick them up through retail or if I go hunting on ebay for the new figs.

If pictures start to surface of the new sets, I'll be sure to add them here. Hopefully we will not have to wait too long, as the holiday shopping season is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...